An integrated team of specialists with unmatched depth of knowledge, breadth of perspective and business acumen to provide a bespoke service to sponsors, project companies, investors and lenders.
Our dedicated team of over 40 sector specialists have unmatched depth of knowledge and unrivalled experience in the infrastructure and energy sectors. Our market-leading specialist expertise, uniquely combined with a highly praised breadth of perspective and business acumen, allows us to anticipate and understand technical and industrial issues underlying projects and provide innovative insights, identify the best structures and deliver the most effective solutions to help our clients navigate commercial challenges, drive projects forward and meet the requirements of all key stakeholders.
Our team’s multidisciplinary expertise allows us to assist the full range of market participants, including sponsors, project companies, investors and lenders across all major areas and stages of transactions, ranging from the development and structuring phases of projects, to M&A transactions of secondary market and financing, showcasing a unique sensitivity to key public law and regulatory issues associated with transactions in the infrastructure and energy sectors.
Our team works in synergy with other practices of the Firm, particularly the Tax and Debt Capital Markets Departments, to ensure careful integration of legal, technical and commercial matters and a seamless, integrated and specialist approach to all key issues connected with the development, implementation and management of high-profile projects in the infrastructure and energy sectors. Our group is recognised as a market leader by the most important league tables. Among others, Chambers and Partners praised us for being “nimble like a boutique with the network and skills of a big firm“.
Our team’s outstanding track record of successfully advising on the most important infrastructure and energy projects completed in recent years includes:
- involvement in all major projects in the motorway sector, including Brebemi, TEEM, Strada dei Parchi and Pedemontana Veneta;
- experience in the transport sector, including Line 4 in Milan and the local public transport service in Tuscany;
- involvement in the most important transactions in the gas sector, including assistance to the purchaser of the natural gas distribution branch;
- assistance in numerous development, financing and secondary market transactions in the renewable energy sector, including advising the buyer of the Terra Firma/RTR portfolio in 2018 and, more recently, the new challenge of grid parity transactions, which included the definition of long-term PPAs and the structuring of financing for projects without incentives, as well as innovative energy storage projects;
- assistance in numerous projects in the field of biomass, waste to energy and biogas and, more recently, in projects for the construction and financing of biomethane and advanced biomethane plants;
- extensive experience in the public services sector, including the integrated water supply service, with a focus on the financing of investment plans;
- structuring of non-recourse financing transactions in innovative projects, such as the Italy-France interconnector and data storage.