Filippo Troisi has been involved in numerous major transactions in the Italian market, advising corporate entities and financial institutions, private equity funds and investment banks. Within the Corporate Finance department, he focuses on M&A (including public tender offers) and Private Equity deals in all the most important sectors of the economy, such as, for example, banking, insurance, industrial, real estate and telecommunications.
Since 2010, when for the first time he was awarded as “Best Lawyer of the Year” by TopLegal, Filippo has been constantly defined as Best Italian lawyer, receiving several awards confirming such definition. In particular, limiting the analysis only to the most recent years, he received the following awards:
- “Lawyer of the Year” by Mag Legalcommunity
- “Lawyer of the Year – Private Equity” by Class Editori
- “Lawyer of the Year – Private Capital M&A Large Deals” by PBV Monitor Private Capital Tax & Legal Focus
- “Lawyer of the Year” at Legalcommunity Corporate Awards
- “Private Equity Professional of the Year” by TopLegal Industry Awards
- “First Italian lawyer” in MergerMarket’s individual rankings, in relation to M&A transactions
- “M&A Lawyer of the Year” at the Legalcommunity Corporate Awards
- “Private Equity Lawyer of the Year” at the TopLegal Industry Awards
- “First Italian lawyer among the thirty most important Italian business lawyers” selected by GQ
- “Lawyer of the Year Corporate M&A” by Legalcommunity
- “Best Lawyer of the Year” by Le Fonti
- “Best Lawyer – Private Equity” by Legalcommunity
Also all the most relevant international legal directories define Filippo as a market leader in his sector. In particular and among others:
The Legal 500 ranks Filippo Troisi, mentioned as “The smartest lawyer around” (2020), in the Hall of Fame category for both sectors Private Equity and Commercial, Corporate and M&A.
Chambers and Partners ranks Filippo Troisi in Band 1 for the Corporate M&A practice area and quotes sources as saying: “an extremely experienced M&A lawyer” and with the “ability to sense the deal and understand the ultimate needs of the client” (2021), “excellent, fast and attentive” and “top of the market – calm and efficient, as well as excellent in private equity” (2020), “Very commercial, very good at negotiating and understanding the client’s needs, with a diplomatic approach” (2019), “very highly regarded and respected in the market”, “happy to get his hands dirty” and “very resourceful” (2018), “experienced M&A lawyer with a considerable reputation in the market”, “commercial, client-focused and effective. He defends the client’s interests while at the same time facilitating agreements and finding a good compromise” (2017), “recommended for his negotiation skills” (2016), “a fantastic lawyer – motivated and available” (2015), “technically strong and truly dedicated to the client. He is also a pleasant person to deal with and is well regarded in the market” (2014).