A top-tier practice with strong market knowledge and a deep understanding of the client’s key business drivers to deliver strategic, effective and innovative solutions.
Led by Senior Partner Gian Paolo Tagariello, our insurance specialists are trusted advisors to the main players in the Italian and foreign insurance market in relation to all key legal and regulatory aspects of their operations.
Our team has industry-recognised experience in the field of extraordinary transactions and offers wide-ranging advice on all matters relating to Insurance Law, including day-to-day business operations of insurance companies and intermediaries and compliance with new laws and regulations (e.g. IDD).
We combine a deep understanding of market dynamics and their potential impact on market operators with extensive expertise in applicable regulatory frameworks to provide strategic, tactical and effective solutions.
Mindful of the strategic and operational challenges facing the industry and those specific to clients, we are well positioned to advise on complex, high-profile matters before administrative authorities (e.g. IVASS, Consob, etc.), as well as in court and arbitration disputes.
- assistance in the main bancassurance projects carried out in Italy;
- assistance in M&A transactions and portfolio acquisitions (including run-off portfolios);
- assistance to general counsels on corporate governance and general corporate issues;
- assistance to in-house compliance officers of insurance companies on specific regulatory issues (e.g. examination of the compliance of policies and group organisation with applicable legislation);
- assistance in the outsourcing of core and non-core activities, including the drafting of related outsourcing agreements and, where applicable, related notices to supervisory authorities;
- advice on remuneration and incentive policies and schemes of directors and employees;
- advice on the remuneration of distributors;
- assistance in civil and administrative litigation, as well as in arbitration proceedings;
- assistance in the management of relationships with IVASS, including in the context of procedures for the establishment and authorisation of insurance companies and the purchase of qualified shareholdings, formulation of technical questions, examination of regulations in public consultation and preparation of contributions to the relevant procedures, drafting of notices and prior requests relating to extraordinary transactions, sanctioning procedures and those connected with the management of complaints, as well as in procedures relating to the prior discussion of restructuring projects and the review of the governance structure.