A pragmatic and proactive approach and the relentless search for the most effective and innovative solutions to deliver exceptional service.
Our Financial Intermediaries Regulation team is at the forefront of global financial intermediaries regulation. Our market-leading expertise and in-depth knowledge and understanding of the financial markets enable us to proactively advise clients on the regulatory horizon.
With an industry-recognised client-oriented approach, we assist leading national and international players, helping them navigate through the most complex and sensitive national and international regulatory challenges. We act as trusted advisors to clients, providing advice that showcases our technical expertise and practical commercial outlook.
Our highly-specialised team works closely with the other practices of the Firm, especially in the areas of structured finance, banking, corporate M&A, tax and employment law, to provide a seamless and integrated legal service and develop practical and innovative solutions to complex regulatory issues.
Our expertise covers the full spectrum of key issues in the financial services sector, including supervision and compliance matters, rules of corporate governance and internal organisation, rules of conduct and prudential rules, anti-money laundering, product regulation and relative regulatory profiles, linked to the application of the laws and regulations on remuneration policies and practices of banks, banking groups and other supervised intermediaries.
We regularly deal with regulatory aspects relating to M&A transactions, corporate reorganisation processes and issues relating to bancassurance operations, managing relations with supervisory authorities and regulators.
Our team also assists banks, banking groups and other supervised intermediaries involved in sanctioning proceedings before supervisory authorities, civil and administrative courts.
- assistance in relation to the streamlining of the company structure of a leading credit institution;
- assistance to a leading credit institution in signing agreements for the acquisition of 100% of the share capital of another credit institution;
- assistance to a leading credit institution in the acquisition of a minority share in the share capital of another credit institution;
- assistance to leading credit institutions in the acquisition of a qualified shareholding in an asset management company;
- ongoing assistance to a leading credit institution operating in the management of special situations;
- assistance in relation to the presentation of a slate of candidates for the appointment of the Board of Directors of a leading credit institution and support in relation to corporate governance issues concerning listed banks.