A pragmatic and proactive approach, uncommon expertise and a solid organisation make the Department a reference point for clients.
At the heart of our Department there is a group of Senior lawyers who have been working together as a team for many years.
Our lawyers are all committed to analysing legal issues in depth, while adopting a pragmatic approach to find agile and also innovative solutions that align to, and enhance, the peculiarities of each client’s organisation.
Over the years, our team has been trusted advisor to major Italian companies as well as multinational groups in various industries; this is an added-value trait of the team, who has thus developed a sophisticated sensitivity to the dynamics of each market segment and, at the same time, a 360-degree vision that leverages the best practices of each sector.
Our team delivers strategic and forward-looking advice, combining labour expertise with the specialisations of other departments of the Firm, including on Corporate, Regulatory, Tax, Safety-at-Work and Intellectual Property Law.
We are also often involved in international projects and transnational work and have developed consolidated expertise in working in partnership with firms of different jurisdictions, both as coordinators and member of specifically created networks, often being praised for timeliness and exhaustiveness.
Through the use of AI tools and a dedicated shared space available on our servers, we can also assist clients in the automation of their HR documents, as well as in the organisation of their internal know-how in the field of employment and labour.
We are recognised as market leaders by the most important league tables. Among others, Chambers and Partners praised our “pragmatic approach, taking business dynamics into account and helping to develop solutions that are in line with the company’s needs“, with “a clear idea of the strategy to be undertaken and go straight to the goal. They are fast and accurate“.
- restructuring processes including redundancies; in this area we have developed strong expertise in industrial relations and have provided assistance at ministerial tables discussing solutions for situations of crisis;
- M&A transactions, transfer of undertakings and outsourcing processes, both in domestic and international contexts, with a focus on the implications arising from trade union consultation;
- definition of contractual relationships with top management, including incentive and retention instruments and the preparation of non-compete and confidentiality agreements that reflect the prerogatives and needs of each industry;
- definition of the employment structure of start-ups (choice of the most appropriate contract types, classification of personnel, remuneration plans, tax and corporate matters) and assistance in the structuring of sales networks and other external structures (contract for the supply of works/services, network contracts, joint ventures, etc.);
- high-value employment disputes, particularly on sensitive and complex issues such as collective dismissals, actions for the repression of anti-union conduct and for the fulfilment of employment obligations, termination of senior executives, violation of non-compete obligations, employee poaching and other cases of unfair competition.