A continuously updated specialised team, for a constantly evolving theme.
Legance combines in-depth knowledge of the topic, with the ability to assess individual cases on a multidisciplinary basis.
The Firm provides detailed analysis of all issues regarding personal data, and its implications in the various areas of interest, such as labour law, corporate law, consumer law, compliance, as well as cases regarding Corporate Liability (Italian Law Decree no. 231/2001).
Our advice covers all issues related to the protection of personal data with particular attention to those dealing with the EU/679/2016 (GDPR) Regulation, the Italian Legislative Decree no. 196/2003, as subsequently amended and integrated (Privacy Act), and the management and implementation of corporate data protection models.
We also assist clients in the development of their internal privacy organisational chart, in the review and drafting of all corporate documentation in the field of data protection, including data processing agreements and joint controllership agreements. In addition, our professionals can evaluate the legitimacy of any data processing activity, while protecting the interests of the data subjects involved during the relevant corporate activities and procedures.
Besides supporting clients with any claim regarding data protection matters before the Italian data protection Authority and/or Judicial Authorities, the team provides training sessions to keep clients up to date on such an important but ever-changing theme.
- support in the development of an internal privacy organizational chart and analysis of the possible need for appointment of a Data Protection Officer (DPO);
- revision and drafting of the relevant documentation in the field of data protection (data processing agreements, joint controllership agreements, internal policies and procedures, information notices, etc.);
- assessment of the legitimacy of the data processing activities carried out;
- analysis of legal themes involving profiling, automated decisions, cloud computing, internet of things;
- support and advice in all aspects of data protection law, including data security and data breach, retention policy, data transfers outside the European Union, employees’ monitoring activity, geolocation activity, clinical trials and privacy in health and social care;
- support in any legal action before the Italian data protection authority and/or Judicial Authorities;
- training sessions.