Our talents to turn ideas into solid realities
From entertainment to design, technology to music: creativity is never ending. Being able to move and adapt to a rapidly changing environment where legislation is extensive and constantly evolving requires comprehensive knowledge, considerable experience and continuous research.
Our Intellectual Property (IP) department, led by Paolo Marzano, consists of highly experienced lawyers and trademark agents who can also offer, like few other top ranking law firms in Italy, trademark and design prosecution services: prior art searches, filings, oppositions, renewals and surveillance combined with in-depth legal advice, ensure full-range assistance.
Our IP team works together with its clients to ensure they are protected in Italy and around the world. We assist Italian and foreign companies in the exercise and protection of their intellectual and industrial property rights and have consolidated relations with the Italian Patent and Trademark Office, the main collecting societies, trade associations, authorities and ministries involved in the fight against piracy and counterfeiting.
- agency services for the prosecution of trademarks and industrial design: prior art searches, oppositions, renewals and surveillance;
- interference searches and drafting of related opinions;
- advice on trademark protection strategies and their implementation;
- registration and surveillance of trademarks;
- drafting, at national and international level, of trademark licences, copyrights, industrial designs, patents and know-how; distribution, joint venture, and co-branding agreements, agreements with designers, settlement and co-existence agreements for important players in the luxury, automotive and wine sectors;
- drafting and negotiation of all contracts relating to the entertainment industry, including agreements for the exploitation of image rights, marketing and promotional campaigns, production agreements for software development and film products, as well as all major licences granted by collective management entities in relation to related rights in the broadcasting sector, online distribution of intellectual works, and live performances;
- assistance to Italian public and private entities and to worldplayers in the field of innovation in relation to the management, drafting and negotiation of research and development (R&D) agreements with particular focus on the management of Background, Sideground and Foreground Intellectual Property Rights; drafting and negotiation of joint venture agreements, technology transfers, contracts with inventor employees and external researchers/developers, and confidentiality agreements.